- Who is required to have a salt and freshwater fishing license?
Any Non-Resident, Florida Resident fishing from a boat and the shoreline. Exemptions do apply, check out www.myFWC.com for those exemptions
- If I own property in Florida can I purchase a resident fishing License?
No, you must give up your out-of-state driver license and purchase a valid Florida driver license and register to vote or show us you have homestead exemption on your property.
- If I am a Florida resident and 65 years or older am I required to obtain a Fishing/Hunting license?
No, you are only required to carry your Florida Driver License, but a free senior citizen card can be issued at any tax collectors office.
- If I purchase a fishing license from a sub-agent is there an additional fee?
Yes, for each permit you purchase there is an additional $.50 fee.
- Can I purchase a Fishing/Hunting license over the phone?
Yes, an additional fee of $3.95 is charged for this service and the phone numbers are listed below:
for Fishing License: 1-888-347-4356
for Hunting License: 1-888-486-8356
- What is required to obtain a Vessel license for Vessels charging a fee to take passengers out to catch Marine Fish?
A County Business Tax Receipt, Captain License from Coast Guard, Vessel Registered Commercial and Driver License.
- What are the different fees for these licenses:
Eleven or more customers - $801.50
Five to ten customers - $401.50
Four or fewer customers - $201.50
** These licenses can only be obtained at all Tax Collector offices except the Airport Road Drivers License office.
- When is the Mini Lobster season in the Keys?
The last Wednesday and Thursday in July each year.
- Where may I obtain a Fishing License?
At any locate Tax Collectors Office, our Sub-agents:Walmarts, Kmart's, Sunshine Hardware, Anglers Answer Master Bait & Tackle, Cedar Bay Marina, Marco River Marina, Lake Trafford Marina and Sports Authority.
- Is my child required to pass a Hunters Safety Course?
Yes, any person born on or after June 1, 1975 must have passed an approved Hunter Education Course before he or she can purchase a Hunting license. Call our Everglades Region Office at 1-561-625-5122 for the next classes.