- My notice says, "DO NOT PAY" I don't have an escrow account.
Please submit your payment promptly in order to ensure advantage of the discount.
- I just bought this property, is this bill for my portion only?
The tax notice covers the calendar year as described on the bill. If you check your closing statement you will find the taxes were probably pro-rated at closing and the purchase price is adjusted accordingly. Therefore, the tax bill is due in full. If you have any further questions, contact your closing agent for assistance.
- What year is this bill for?
The taxes are for the calendar year as stated on the top of the bill. Non-Ad Valorem assessments have their own fiscal period. Contact the specific taxing district for further information.
- Can I pay my taxes with my credit card?
The tax collectors office does accept credit card payments for current year taxes only. There is a charge by our service provider (Grant Street Group) for processing credit and debit card charges of 2.5% of the tax amount. There is no charge to use an echeck.
- What is the Non-Ad Valorem charge for?
The individual districts provide the Non-Ad Valorem assessment information to the Tax Collector. Any questions should be directed to the specific taxing district.
- Where do I get information about exemptions or the value of my property?
Contact the Property Appraisers office at (239) 252-8141 or their web site www.collierappraiser.com
- What does it mean on my bill "PRIOR YEARS TAXES REMAIN UNPAID"?
This is our way of notifying you of delinquent taxes. Please note delinquent taxes continue to accrue interest each month until paid.
- I sold this property, what should I do with this bill?
Please forward the bill to the new owner if possible. You may wish to contact your closing agent for assistance, or you may return the bill to our office.
- What amount do I pay?
Florida law provides a discount for early payment. Pay the amount in the box for the month you are paying in. i.e.: in November pay the November amount, in January pay the January amount, OR in March pay the March amount. PAY ONLY ONCE!
- The notice I received is only one copy, what do I send with my payment?
Please send the lower portion of your notice with your payment.