Please note, hyperlinks will redirect you to the FDACS website.
1. Determine if you are eligible for a concealed weapon license by reading the eligibility requirements or answering a few simple questions.
2. Applicants must demonstrate competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a license. Click here to learn more about the acceptable forms of training and the proof of training documentation required.
3. Read the application instructions to learn what is required when you complete and submit your application. You can download the PDF file here.
4. Please note that appointments are required. Walk-ins are not accepted.
5. Bring all of the required documentation with you so that you can submit your application in person using our fast-track process:
- A picture ID. A driver license or state-issued identification card is acceptable.
- A copy of a training document or other certificate that confirms that you are proficient with a firearm.
- Your payment. Review licensing fees here. Our office will accept payment by personal check, cash, cashier’s check, money order, or credit card. Please note: If paying by credit card, our third-party payment processor will charge a 2.50% convenience fee.
- If you have ever been arrested, you should bring certified copies of the court documentation reflecting the final disposition of the charge(s) filed against you.
- If you were born outside the United States, or if you are a permanent legal resident alien, you will need to bring official documentation with you that confirms your citizenship status. Please review eligibility information concerning citizenship requirements.
- Please note that you do not need to complete an application form in advance of your appointment. You will complete an online application at your service location.
6. Check the status of your application by calling (850) 245-5691 and selecting option 1 or use this link.
Review Section 790.06, Florida Statutes, to learn more about the law pertaining to Florida’s concealed weapon license program.